Monday, January 17, 2011

to MAMA WENG



Whatever I am today, whatever I have achieved...I owe to my mom. She has taught me well.
My mom was not the typical mom who would wake up early in the morning to prepare breakfast for us...or is she the type who'd cook merienda for us so that by the time we get home from school there'd be hot food served in the table. No.. No. Mom was more than that. She is the working-mom-kind-of-mother. She is the working-mom-kind-of-mother (a clerck / janitress / messanger ) who works 8hours or more that everyday then at night she still a BARANGAY TANOD then goes back home and faces the household chores.

Mama is very intelligent. I admire her for what she knows and for being so cool about it. Ask her any question and she is always have an answer.She's so brave that eventhough shes a girl she can still manage to negotiate to a man handling a knife and a gun.She often challenges my values, my convictions - only to make sure that I keep the right ones,

The wisdom that my mom shared with me is simply priceless.

Whether I am in the office or simply at home...whether in the church counselling or having coffe with my friends, everything that my mom has taught me still springs out from deep within me. The people that I talk to would sometimes asks me where I get such wisdom...and I tell them its coming right from the heart. I know its also a pool of past experiences, but without a mother guiding you as you go through life, my paths would have been different.

Even at the point where she was old and getting weaker? she was still full of wisdom. I have always enjoyed talking with her because there was always some new things and revelations that I get out of that exchange of words. She was the best, if not the bestest.
So, why do I love my mom?
1. She was God's gift to me. From her, I learned everything that I needed to learn in order to survive in this challenging world.
2. She taught me the real meaning of love (outside of emotions) and forgiveness and patience.
3. She was a mother who took care of all our needs.
4. She was a friend who took time to listen whether I had a happy story to tell or otherwise.
5. She was my teacher : teaching me the what's and what's not of this world

I can only thank God for my mom because without her, I would not have been brought into this world and enjoy the life I am enjoying now.
I am grateful for every minute I have spent with her when she was still alive. I realized that as she watched me grow,It was out of pure love and selflessness and sacrifice. I love you mama. She is the Best!
But today i recieved the saddest news about my mom.My sister apple told me that Mama was diagnose with a Breast Cancer.At first I couldn't believe because the last time I saw her she looks so healthy.I need to be strong for my Mama for I know that she'll be okay since she is brave person.Mama can overcome this challenge in her life.We'll be there for her no matter what.


Im just thinking that every time I go to church and asked God to protect my love ones and give them strength and make them healthy,Maybe God wasn't heard me that much for I trust him and Ill make him heard me so ill talk to him more.

I LOVE YOU MAMA WENG....

No comments:

Post a Comment